1. What We Do
OOTBM is a peer support group for UK-based, GMC-registered doctors. Members meet at monthly educational and networking events to help each other in the development of their practices.
2. How We Obtain Your Personal Data
You provide us with personal data by completing an application form. This may include basic details such as name and contact details. We use this information to process your membership application and to contact you about group events and with group updates. This means that the legal basis of our holding your personal data is for legitimate interest.
3. How we use your personal data
We act as a data controller for use of your personal data to administer your membership of OOTBM, including in regard to the processing of credit card and online payments. We undertake at all times to protect your personal data, including any health and contact details, in a manner which is consistent with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) concerning data protection. We will also take reasonable security measures to protect your personal data storage.
We may use your personal data where there is a legal requirement such as a formal court order. We may use your data for marketing purposes such as OOTBM newsletters but this would be subject to you giving us your express consent.
4. Do you share my information with other organisations?
We will keep information about you confidential. We will only disclose your information with other third parties with your express consent with the exception of the following categories of third parties:
– Any contractors and advisors that provide a service to us or act as our agents on the understanding that they keep the information confidential.
– Any legal or crime prevention agencies and/or to satisfy any regulatory request (eg,GMC ) if we have a duty to do so or if the law allows us to do so.
5. What are your rights?
Every individual has the right to see, amend, delete or have a copy, of data held that can identify you, with some exceptions. You do not need to give a reason to see your data.
If you want to access your data you must make a subject access request in writing to email@example.com. We shall respond within 20 working days from the point of receiving the request and all necessary information from you. Our response will include the details of the personal data we hold on you including:
– Sources from which we acquired the information.
– The purposes of processing the information.
– Persons or entities with whom we are sharing the information.
You have the right, subject to exemptions, to ask to:
– Have your information deleted.
– Have your information corrected or updated where it is no longer accurate.
– Ask us to stop processing information about you where we are not required to do so by law.
– Receive a copy of your personal data, which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit that data to another controller, without hindrance from us.
– Object at any time to the processing of personal data concerning you.
We do not carry out any automated processing, which may lead to automated decision based on your personal data. If you would like to invoke any of the above rights then please write to the Data Controller at Out Of The Box Medics, Iveridge Hall, Leeds LS26 8EU or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. What safeguards are in place to ensure data that identifies me is secure?
We only use information that may identify you in accordance with GDPR. This requires us to process personal data only if there is a legitimate basis for doing so and that any processing must be fair and lawful.
We also ensure the information we hold is kept in secure locations, restrict access to information to authorised personnel only, and protect personal and confidential information held on equipment. We ensure external data processors that support us are legally and contractually bound to operate and prove security arrangements are in place where data that could or does identify a person are processed.
Out Of The Box Medics is registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) as a data controller and collects data for a variety of purposes. A copy of the registration is available through the ICO website (search by business name).
7. How long do you hold confidential information for?
All records held by Out Of The Box Medics will be kept for the duration specified by guidance from the ICO and gov.uk.
If you have a complaint regarding the use of your personal data then please contact us by writing to the Data Controller at Out Of The Box Medics, Iveridge Hall, Leeds LS26 8EU or email email@example.com and we will do our best to help you.
If your complaint is not resolved to your satisfaction and you wish to make a formal complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), you can contact them on 01625 545745 or 0303 1231113.